“We have a secret in our culture. It’s not that birth is painful, it’s that women are strong”
- Home Birth
- Birth Center Birth
- Water Birth (any location)
- Doula services:
- We highly recommend working with a doula, and have close relationships with the best doula’s in DFW. We will be happy to make recommendations.
- If you’d like to have your baby as organically and naturally as possible, but feel more comfortable in-hospital, co-care is the perfect compromise! Working co-operatively with your doctor, I can help you with nutritional counseling, and comfort measures prenatally, and help you navigate the important choices you have to make. It’s my fervent desire for all women to have the most empowering birth they can. I can be your voice.
- Childbirth classes:
- Contact us to learn about classes at the The Nest Birth Center, or excellent educators we can recommend.
- Placenta Encapsulation:
- Experienced Specialists will be recommended, and available to pick up your placenta from the The Nest Birth Center, or your home.
- Birth Photography/Videography:
- We work very closely with experienced, talented professional photographers, and videographers. Contact us for a recommendation.
At The Nest Midwife you will receive relationship based care to build trust and comfort with your midwife during the prenatal period. To facilitate this, appointments generally range 45 minutes to an hour, or as long as necessary for you to get all your questions answered and for us to analyze your progress. Your family members are welcome at these visits. Exceptional prenatal care is what facilitates a healthy pregnancy, labor and birth. We create this through education, nutrition, exercise, and mental well-being. Throughout your prenatal care we will be creating a healthy environment for baby to flourish and grow. Monitoring basic milestones as well as ensuring that your pregnancy is progressing as it should.
Once care is established, the first visit is generally 1- 1 ½ hrs., for a physical exam and to record your health history. We do not do pelvic exams before labor, unless you request it. After the initial exam:
- Monthly visits until 26 weeks
- Bi-monthly visits 28- 36 weeks
- Weekly visits from 36 weeks on
Your choices for birth are very important and how you are supported in those choices enhances your memory of your birth experience. Monitoring done during labor and birth is done safely while respecting your work in labor. Since your birth is your occasion, it is our goal to work with you in determining your vision and creating with you the birthing experience you desire
Caring for mom and baby after birth is just as important as the prenatal care. Exams on both mom and baby are done while they are together, with the midwife explaining the steps or process. Breastfeeding is encouraged and supported. The midwife or assistant will help you with your first breastfeeding. Before leaving the birth center parents are taught what to expect in the next days and weeks and how to monitor their baby’s health. The typical length of stay after the birth of your baby is 2-3 hours, but may vary from family to family. Many moms are eager to take their new baby home and settle in. A midwife will call you within the first 48 hours. A birth center visit is scheduled at 2 4, and 6 weeks to make sure the breastfeeding relationship is going well and that the process of transition is normal. We are only a phone call away if you have questions or concerns once home with your baby.
- 24 hrs.- phone call to check on mom, baby and answer questions
- 2 days
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 6-8 weeks
- Breastfeeding support
- Newborn screens included
- Pap smear included if desired